The third Object of Rotary is the application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business and community life. This committee is responsible for the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in our community. It will devise and carry into effect plans which will guide and assist the members of the club in discharging their responsibilities in their community relationships.
Community Service duties include:
• Community projects
• Youth services
• Contributions and other areas as deemed appropriate by the chairperson and the president.
1. Dictionary Project – dictionaries are provided to all third grade students in Washington County.
2. Community Book Drive – collection of age appropriate books that are then distributed to local programs for children and youth. This is held in conjunction with United Way of Washington County’s Day of Caring in October
3. Salvation Army annual bell ringing – Club members take shifts at different locations and staff the kettles in December.
4. Holiday Gifts for DSS – In partnership with Washington County DSS, the Club solicits specific items from families’ wish lists, wraps and delivers them just prior to Christmas.
5. Dr. Seuss Reading Day at Winter Street Elementary School – this is one of the Club members’ favorite community service activity’s that is held in March.