Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives. A Rotary club contains a diverse group of professional leaders from the community that the club serves.
Membership in a Rotary club offers a number of benefits including:
- effecting change within the community;
- advancing business and professional contacts;
- developing leadership skills;
- gaining an understanding of — and having an impact on — international humanitarian issues.
Through Rotary's service programs, a Rotary club can have a significant effect on the quality of life in its community. Rotary Foundation programs offer opportunities to form international partnerships that help people in need worldwide. Some 1.2 million Rotarians in 30,000 clubs in more than 160 countries make significant contributions to the quality of life at home and around the globe.
Rotary club membership carries with it certain responsibilities.
Members are expected to attend weekly programs of the club. Opportunities to make up attendance include attending the regular meeting of another Rotary club, attending various other Rotary meetings, or attending a club service project authorized by the club board of directors.
Members are required to pay annual dues to their clubs, their districts, and to Rotary International.
Members are expected to participate in local or international activities or projects of the Rotary club.
Clubs encourage members to aspire to leadership or committee roles within their clubs.
Rotary membership provides the opportunity to:
- become connected to your community;
- work with others in addressing community needs;
- interact with other professionals in your community;
- assist with RI's international humanitarian service efforts;
- establish contacts with an international network of professionals;
- develop leadership skills;
- involve family in promoting service efforts.
Consideration for Membership
All applicants for membership in the Hagerstown Rotary must be proposed by a current Hagerstown Rotary member. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Hagerstown Rotary, and feel you meet the qualifications, and want to take an active role in improving and shaping our community, please email the secretary and he will have someone contact you.
Existing Rotary Club members interested in proposing a member should contact the club secretary for an application.