Chair: Stephanie Henneberger
The committees appointed within this avenue of service are responsible for all club-focused service activities. They will devise and carry into effect plans which guide and assist the members of the club in discharging their responsibilities in matters related to club service.
Club Service duties include:
- Contributions – Coordinate community-based contributions.
- Family Support - Coordinate family support and welfare activities.
- Membership Development – Coordinate membership recruitment, classification, development and retention. All Club members are responsible for identifying community and business leaders who could potentially join the Hagerstown Rotary Club.
- Public Relations – Publicize Club activities
Chair: Jim Hill
This committee is responsible for the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in our community. It will devise and carry into effect plans which will guide and assist the members of the club in discharging their responsibilities in their community relationships.
Community Service duties include:
• Community projects
• Youth services
• Contributions and other areas as deemed appropriate by the chairperson and the president.
Purpose: Promote participation of 12-18 year olds in community service projects in their schools, communities, and internationally.
- Correspond with faculty from participating schools to establish meeting schedul
- Attend meetings to guide students in at least 1 community and 1 international project each year.
- Promote community service and leadership
Committee Members: Elizabeth Williams, Chair; Chip Alsip; Ken Long; Chris Boryan
- The Contributions Committee makes recommendations to the Rotary Club of Hagerstown’s Board of Directors to fund programs according to the following criteria:Have a documentable need in our community.
- Have limited alternative sources of funding.
- Requests shall be to fund operating expenses (no capital expenses).
- Be of assistance to disadvantaged youth residing in Washington County.
- Enhance recognition of the Rotary Club of Hagerstown.
Typical Contribution: $250
There is no formal request form. Requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via U.S. Mail to any Rotarian (preferably a member of this committee), and should include:
- Name, address, and contact information for the organization
- Description of the youth program or operating expense for which the contribution will be used
An organization can receive a contribution only once per Club fiscal year (July through June). We encourage all eligible groups to apply! Please allow 3-4 weeks for receipt of funding.